BISMILLAH AR-RAHMAN AR-RAHEEM!

AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUH!

MAY ALLAH ALLOW THIS BLOG TO BENEFIT ALL OF OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS & SISTERS! AMEEN!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Adding Yoga to my exercise routine

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh! Insha Allah this finds you close to Allah & in the best of health and Iman.

It was suggested to me to add Yoga to my routine to help stretch and tone my muscles.  I tried several poses today and here is a list of the ones that I like as a beginner.  These poses can be used by intermediate & advanced levels as well.  These poses I have chosen are done lying down or standing up which allows you to easily transition into the next pose.  Right now I feel pretty good.  I didn't realize how much my muscles are NOT STRETCHED!

LYING DOWN POSES:
Cat Pose
Cobra Pose
Child's Pose
Goddess Pose
Happy Baby Pose
Pelvic Lift Pose
Supine Spinal Twist Pose
Cobbler's Pose

STANDING UP POSES:
Standing Side Stretch Pose
Standing Straddle Forward Bend Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...