BISMILLAH AR-RAHMAN AR-RAHEEM!

AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUH!

MAY ALLAH ALLOW THIS BLOG TO BENEFIT ALL OF OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS & SISTERS! AMEEN!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Hud Hud "Hood Hood" Bird in Saudi Arabia

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh! I hope this finds you close to Allah & in the best of health and Iman, Ameen.


I think these are very cool looking birds.  They are about the size of an American Cardinal and peck the ground like WoodPeckers.  When they get into a fight with another bird or want to scare off another bird, they puff up their Crown as shown below in the 3rd picture.  They are very common here in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia but not sure about the rest of Saudi.  I don't even know if they are found in other countries.

These pictures are from the internet as I wasn't able to get great pictures of birds in person without them flying off!











5 comments:

  1. ahhh! SubhanAllah, sister. I am so freaked out right now because just the other day I said to myself, "I need to make a post on the hud-hud because it is the coolest bird I have ever seen!" ha ha ha! They really are so unique and all over the place here in northeastern Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your reply
    but i need of complete deatail of HUD HUD and what is importance of HUD HUD in Islam and in this world if you can provide me proper and complete detial please send me
    god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Salaamu Alaikum,

    Thanks for sharing the beautiful birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaamu alayki we have these all over in Egypt mashallah they are beautiful mashallah... I just learned that the English name for them is Hoopoe...
    I researched it because I keep thinking the English name are woodpeckers lol mashallah...

    Thank you for sharing♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A.o.a to all. Allah says in Quran, about Hooh hood bird ( wood pecker ) in surah e
    Num, ayet 20 to 25 must see. Allah give quality to this bird, he can see water under the earth with his God gifted power.Allah forgive us all, Aameen

    ReplyDelete

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...