BISMILLAH AR-RAHMAN AR-RAHEEM!

AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUH!

MAY ALLAH ALLOW THIS BLOG TO BENEFIT ALL OF OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS & SISTERS! AMEEN!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Natural Face, Body & Hair Care - Using ingredients from your pantry/fridge!

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Insha Allah this finds you in the best of health and Iman.
@}-->-->---     @}-->-->---     @}-->-->---     @}-->-->---

I've never liked putting chemicals into my body.  Whenever I needed a pain reliever I always opted for an Aspirin because most of the other pain relievers are chemically made/created.

Insha Allah soon I will start a family.  Therefore, I have recently decided that it was time to start taking away the chemicals I put into my body by using natural body, face and skin care products.  You can buy natural products but you usually pay a higher retail price.  OR, you can do like what our ancestors did and make your own from ingredients you have in your pantry/fridge like Oatmeal, Honey, Oils, Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Fruits, Vegetables, Yogurt, etc!

When you look at the ingredients of your dish liquids, shampoos, conditioners, face washes/scrubs, body washes/soaps, deoderants, etc you will find Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate which are chemical bubbling detergents that can be harsh on the skin.  You will also find a few types of Parabens in the products that you buy which have been linked to Cancers.  Parabens are chemically made as well.  Deoderants/Anti Perspirants contain Aluminum which too is also linked to Cancers.

YOU CAN LITERALLY REPLACE YOUR LAUNDRY DETERGENT, FABRIC SOFTENER, DISH LIQUID, SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, DEODERANT, FACE CARE, HAIR CARE, BODY CARE, ETC WITH ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS!

So, I have been researching the internet to find all natural homemade recipes for my face, body and hair.  I have found several websites with literally thousands of recipes!  I will list some of these websites in a minute.

Here is a website that has recipes for all the BOLDED categories above: http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/?s=household+cleaner&submit=Search

I decided to take the first step by finding natural face washes, scrubs and face masks using ingredients of what I have in my pantry as of right now, which are Oatmeal, Wheat Germ, Honey, Corn Meal, Corn Starch, Sesame Seeds, etc.

I always knew that Oatmeal & Honey were great for the skin as they are used in many retail bath & body products.  Oatmeal is great for Poison Ivy, Sunburns, it helps soothe the skin, is hypoallergenic, help absorb oil on the face, makes the skin soft, has good amino acids in it, etc.  Honey is great for the skin as well.  Natural honey has enzymes, phytonutrients & antioxidents.  Most of the store bought honeys have these components removed through being homogenized, heated & purified.  When looking for a honey for skin care, get an organic or natural one, but read the label carefully first.  When using Oatmeal for skin care, use the plain ones, not the flavored ones.

Tonight I decided to try washing my face with nothing but Honey.  My face felt really soft afterwards.  Honey has been used for centuries to clean the skin.  I honestly can't see myself washing my entire body with honey, but I might try it one day just to see what it's like.

I found some great recipes online using Oatmeal and/or Honey.  I tried a face scrub recipe tonight as well and liked the results.  In a small plastic Rubbermaid container I mixed the below ingredients:
1/2 Cup ground Oatmeal (I used a small food processor to grind these up)
1/2 Cup of Cornmeal
1/2 Cup of Wheat Bran
I took 1 teaspoon of the powdered mix and put into a small Dixie cup and mixed with a bit of water to make a paste or you can mix with honey.  I put that mixture on my face and scrubbed.  You can then rinse off with warm water.  MY FACE FELT REALLY SMOOTH AND SOFT AFTERWARDS!

Rose Water or Plain Green Tea are great for facial toners/astringents.  I also found a face mask that I will use twice a week using only Oatmeal, Honey & Yogurt.  The first video below shows the recipe amounts.

THESE ARE WEBSITES WITH RECIPES:
http://www.bathandbodyrecipes.com/

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/lotions.html

http://www.natural-skin-care-info.com/index.html 

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/?s=household+cleaner&submit=Search

http://face-natural.com/blog/natural-skin-care-articles/raw-honey-great-for-natural-skin-care

http://www.ehow.com/how_4584824_oatmeal-facial-cleanser.html




THIS VIDEO TALKS ABOUT NATURAL INGREDIENTS FOR WASHING, SCRUBBING, TONING THE SKIN, WHAT SHE USES FOR FACE MASKS, MOISTURIZERS, ETC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Reader Comments! They make me Smile! Please leave me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...