Sunday, August 26, 2012
18 Benefits of Prayer - by Ibn Qayyim al-Jaqziyyah
1) Prayer is something that causes one to receive sustenance.
2) It is something that safeguards one's physical health.
3) It keeps away harmful things.
4) It casts away illnesses.
5) It strengthens the heart.
6) It brightens one's countenance.
7) It delights the soul.
8) It gets rid of laziness.
9) It makes the limbs active.
10) It increases one's physical strength.
11) It expands the chest (making one at ease & giving strength).
12) It is nourishment for the soul.
13) It illuminates the heart.
14) It safeguards one's blessings.
15) It repels catastrophes.
16) It brings on blessings.
17) It keeps away the Shaitan (devil).
18) It draws one close to Ar-Rahmaan (Allah, the Most Merciful).